Discussion Forums

Replacing Pins

General questions and chit-chat about the ECU+.

Replacing Pins

Postby da1sexmonk83 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:34 pm

What pins does the ecu plus low current black harness use? My brown pin 11 group B wire for map switching is MIA and I would like to repin it.

Also where in creation will I be able to purchase said Pin?
da1sexmonk83

Re: Replacing Pins

Postby tlcoll1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:02 pm

What's your head unit's serial number?

Here's an excerpt from the v2.15 software upgrade manual:

The new version 2.15 firmware/software release requires the “silver box” ECU+ hardware, and will not work on the “black box” units.

One set of changes was made during silver box production that introduced new hardware features, and version 2.10 and up of the ECU+ firmware/software release begins to take advantage of these new features. As such, there are two “types” of ECU+ silver boxes, and the type of box is determined by the unit's serial number, which can be found on the Miscellaneous page of the ECU+ Win software's head unit settings dialog.

* Serial number 2000 through 2099. These are the original design of the silver box hardware.
* Serial number 2100 and higher. These are the most recent design of the silver box hardware.

The original design (S/Ns 2000-2099) is missing a few hardware features that are available in the later hardware. During 2007 and 2008 hardware upgrades were offered for a nominal fee that would bring these older devices up to the specs of the most recent devices. If you have an upgraded original design silver box, your unit includes all of the new functionality. Otherwise, you are out of luck as the hardware upgrades are no longer offered.

With the release of version 2.15 of the ECU+ software and firmware, non-upgraded original design ECU+'s will be missing the following functionality:

* The no-lift-to-shift feature. This feature uses the clutch switch input, which isn't available on the original design of the ECU+ silver box.
* Gear calculation, which uses the clutch switch input to determine “no gear” times, may give bogus gear values when the clutch is in.
* The new drag analysis feature may not be able to calculate accurate shift times, as this also uses the clutch switch input if available.
* Fuel, timing and boost maps won't be switchable via an external switch. This external switch input isn't available on the original design of the ECU+ silver box. Map switching is still possible without this input, but the ECU+ won't be able to use an external stimulus to switch maps.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby da1sexmonk83 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:17 am

2114 according to the properties dialog.
da1sexmonk83

Postby tlcoll1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Strange. Make a list of what wires are missing, and e-mail me your home address. I'll send you some wires w/pins.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby da1sexmonk83 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Yeah I don't know if he somehow got the wrong plug and play harness or if he had his ecu+ upgraded. The one I bought was one the last ones produced but It went with the talon when I sold it because this Evo already had A late model ecu+
Last edited by da1sexmonk83 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
da1sexmonk83

Postby tlcoll1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Your pins are in the mail, BTW. You should see 'em any day.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Return to General Q&A