Discussion Forums

Extra fee for international buyer??

General questions and chit-chat about the ECU+.

Extra fee for international buyer??

Postby EuroGSTSpyder » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:16 pm

Went to MachV to get a quote on the ECU+ inc shipping since I decided to order teh ECU+ for my car now....and I got the qoute, ECU+ ok, shipping ok...but they charge a extra 30bux for "international payment charge", whats up with that?

Even if I pay via payli that MachV demands on international sales I have to pay an extra 30bux to get ECU + from them? I have responded and asked what its for and why I have to pay extra for "inernational payment charge". I dont care about the money but it makes me kinda mad ... Id rather ask a friend of mine to buy it inside the states then and ship it over...these kind of things makes me annoyed!

Anyone heard of this? Doesnt say anything about an extra fee on their shipping policies..just to email for shipping qoute and how to pay.Nothing about no extra international payment charge"
EuroGSTSpyder

Postby tlcoll1 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:24 pm

FYI, that's news to me. I ship 'em to Mach V and they handle all shipping/etc.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby EuroGSTSpyder » Tue May 01, 2007 4:21 am

Didnt mean to knock on you tom..no way.

It just feels like they are punishing out international buyers eventhough we pay shipping / handling like everybody else.
If I pay actual cost for the item, and pay actual cost for the shipping...why would I have to pay extra for that international charge..sounds like they dont want international customers to me. But since its the only place to buy ECU +...what to do?
I still want the ecu+ and will get it but this sux!Just the principle ( sp?) of the whole thing.. :x

I will ask a friend of mine to bu it instead and send it here.

And to clarify once again..this was not meant towards you tom, I just figured you migh have known whats up with that stuff.
EuroGSTSpyder

Postby tlcoll1 » Tue May 01, 2007 8:27 pm

It's no problem - I didn't take it as knock on me.

As I mentioned, I don't really know anything about how international shipping works, but I suspect that Mach V does have a reason for the surcharge. In general, I've found Dan and the rest of the Mach V crew to be quite honest and straightforward to deal with. I used to work with another shop that was about as sleazy as they come, and Mach V has been pretty much 100% the other way in my dealings with 'em.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby EuroGSTSpyder » Wed May 02, 2007 3:16 am

I will place the order anyway...just because you say they are straight up guys so...I still want the ECU + so..what to do heh ;-) ?Hoping it iwll help me get the motout of my little setup :-)
EuroGSTSpyder

Postby Raph » Tue May 08, 2007 10:41 am

You here as well?

buy it,youll love it ,

Mach V charged me $55 to germany.. so thats like 35 euros, i doubt that shiping to sweden would cost more.

you dont need a safc with your ecuplus.. sell the safc! (i sold mine for 150 eurs)
- Ralph
2g gs (4g63 ftw!) turned GS->T
best mods: ecu+,272s,BullseyeTurbo,Fidanza,3" exhaust.

3"DP.ACT2100,GM-MAF,Aeromotive FPR,Zeitronix ZT-2,Outlander turbo Big Brakes
Short Route FMIC (Dejon style)
Koni susp.
Raph

Postby EuroGSTSpyder » Sun May 27, 2007 11:45 am

SAFC sold.....so If I get rid of my logger now too the order goes out in a few days for my ECU + :-)
EuroGSTSpyder

Postby jdm02typer » Wed May 28, 2008 12:30 am

Well I happen to have kept my SAFC 2 and without it my maps would be junk or i'd have to get socket and prom. Gutted mafs, if we're talking about the mitsu ones of course, tend to run out of whack without vortex screens. especially if your using a 2g or evo maf in a 1g. Also i've found a way to cheat the rev limit without socket programming. I've logged up to 8k on RPM without a PROM chip. The airflow hz and injector duty have to max or be past 80% (injector only) for the computer to cut back the engine. Stock DSM's should only be able to hit 7k rpm. Can someone issue a challenge on this one? BTW Tom, the car is running great still 290hp 310ft-lbs 11lbs but runs rich. i'll try more boost. maybe 13-16lbs
Last edited by jdm02typer on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT 300
1990 eagle talon Tsi
jdm02typer

Postby Raph » Wed May 28, 2008 12:56 am

EuroGSTSpyder wrote:SAFC sold.....so If I get rid of my logger now too the order goes out in a few days for my ECU + :-)

get a gm maf too! definatley worth it.and its easy to install..take 12v+ from the original mitsu maf harness, ground from the body and 5v+ from ecu+(theres an extra wire from the unit for this)
- Ralph
2g gs (4g63 ftw!) turned GS->T
best mods: ecu+,272s,BullseyeTurbo,Fidanza,3" exhaust.

3"DP.ACT2100,GM-MAF,Aeromotive FPR,Zeitronix ZT-2,Outlander turbo Big Brakes
Short Route FMIC (Dejon style)
Koni susp.
Raph

Return to General Q&A