Discussion Forums

Question?

General questions and chit-chat about the ECU+.

Postby da1sexmonk83 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:30 pm

So it is something I need that ECU+ can't do? crap :-(
da1sexmonk83

Postby AWDSM97 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:44 am

Just to clarify - it looks like that doesn't (currently) work on '95-'96 DSMs, but does work on '97 and up cars. Year to year variations: grrrr.

Tom

Makes sense my talon is a 97, lucky me :)

The manual shows how to wire up the non-PnP ones. Whether it's fun or not depends on how much you enjoy using a soldering iron while laying half in and half out of your car, on your back, with your head in the drivers side footwell.

I was fairly comfortable, I just sat in the passenger seat and worked on it like so:

So it is something I need that ECU+ can't do? crap

The ECU+ also logs knock voltage which is available in all ECU+'s because its simply logging the voltage read by the stock knock sensor, however it takes a little experience and interpretation to use them. This is because the knock sensor is merely a microphone and it picks up on normal engine noise, so you have to experiment with it to see what signifies actual knock. This is also why some noisy lifters may be blamed for phantom knock.
AWDSM97

Postby honki24 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 am

To further clarify on tom's post: On a lancer, at least, timing is pulled at 3 counts of knock, and dependent on many variables the octane level decreases at 5 counts or above (which further lowers AFR/timing).
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Postby da1sexmonk83 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:34 pm

That is fine I suppose. Is that feature going to be adapted for my 1996 anytime soon?
da1sexmonk83

Postby tlcoll1 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:46 pm

I'm waiting to buy a 1996 ECU from a user here, but that hasn't come through yet. Once that's in, I'll see if I can get the feature to work on that ECU. Support for this is the same in 1997 and up stock ECUs and different in 1990-1994 ECUs, so I assume there's some way to do it in 1995-1996 ECUs. No guarantees, but I'll give it a shot.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby Trejo'sGSX » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:57 pm

da1sexmonk83 wrote:Would I still have a good idle with 750cc Injectors? I was going to buy yesterday, but my brother said if I want him to work on my car ever then He wants to look at the program himself to see if he can actually tune it. But he did like all the features.

Yes! Those are the same injectors I got, it took some time of trying different things but ECU+ is a great tunning tool, so my car idles like if it was still running the stock size. I've had my ECU+ for a couple of months now and I added the injectors, fuel pump and a PLX WB O2 sensor since then and everything went really smooth. I really thing that is probably the best "mod" I've done to my car. :lol:
Trejo'sGSX

Previous

Return to General Q&A