Discussion Forums

End of retail sales for the ECU+

General questions and chit-chat about the ECU+.

End of retail sales for the ECU+

Postby tlcoll1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:35 pm

There's a big ECU+ announcement here: http://www.ecuplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=740.

Post any comments in this thread.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby honki24 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm truly saddened. Never before has such hardware/software/vehicular prowess been combined into one product. Sorry it wasn't profitable enough for you. I blame advertisement because it is a fantastic product! You're the man Tom. If I come into money I'll be flying you down to make me some custom logging equipment. ;)
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Postby AWDSM97 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Wow, I definetly didnt see this coming... Im sorry that it had to come to this and I agree with honki24, advertisement probably was the biggest problem with sales. I think its very honorable for you to be still continuing to make developments for the ECU+ and I thank you. I hope that your talents wont go to waste and in the future, give it another shot on a popular late model car.
AWDSM97

Postby AWDSM97 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:48 pm

whoops double post
Last edited by AWDSM97 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AWDSM97

Postby Action_B » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Yeah, I didn't think ECU+ could last forever. Its the best investment I have made for my car and I love it. However, no matter how much I love it, I don't need more than one lol. So for the record, Tom, thanks for bringing us a great product and "doing the right thing". Ethics isn't well practiced by many nowadays.

I haven't been posting in awhile, because, honestly I don't ever have any problems with your product.
- Brandon
Action_B

Postby da1sexmonk83 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:09 am

I saw that they were being discontinued and freaked. I had not bought mine yet, but luckily Mach V still had one, all be a it a non PnP (which was what I really wanted). I personally blame linkers for it not being profitable enough. I appreciate all the support you have done for the community, and that you will continue to do it.
da1sexmonk83

Postby SHFTIXK » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:41 am

Tom, I just want to say thanks for all the hard work you've put into a really awesome product, and thanks for such great customer service and support. ECU+ is the best thing that ever happened to my car.
1990 GSX
SHFTIXK

Postby rogersmith » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:35 am

Thank you for continuing software development + support, Tom.
rogersmith

Postby We're on Boost » Tue May 06, 2008 10:54 pm

Thanks for making a great product Tom. I hope you can make some serious money somewhere else and get back into the ECU business just for fun!
Gary - 1990 Talon Tsi
We're on Boost

Postby turbotom20g » Tue May 13, 2008 10:59 am

We're on Boost wrote:Thanks for making a great product Tom. I hope you can make some serious money somewhere else and get back into the ECU business just for fun!

Yes, I'm also upset that you are discontiuing this wonderful product because I was so hyped on getting my hands on one and now I can't get one. Please update the product and come back strong, cuz this product to be regonized.

Man very one laughed at me (linkers) when i told them i was getting this product and told me just to get Link but, this is just as good as Link and affordable. So Tom, to you I hope you come back better than ever and a good advisement to back you up, which in my eyes I think the down fall what poor advisement, but what do I know about business,lol.
93 Hyundai Excel w/4g63t swap
95 Eagle Summit AWD 5 speed
95 Eagle Talon AWD TSI
TurbotomDsmPerformance!
turbotom20g

Postby We're on Boost » Tue May 13, 2008 11:52 am

Yeah, I think having only one dealer was not good, because then none of the other shops or dealers want to recommend it. They all want to push the stuff they can sell, not the stuff they can't sell.
My original plan was to buy an aem ems, but when I found out they had 0 for technical support to the end user I got turned off on them. They support their dealers I guess, but not the end user. Our local Mitsu tuner told me AEM's were buggy and unreliable. Woohoo. And whenever I look at DSMLink logs people have posted, they look like such garbage.
ECU+ is a good up-to-date product with great software, manual and tech support.
Gary - 1990 Talon Tsi
We're on Boost

Wanted/Classifieds section

Postby ejc83 » Fri May 16, 2008 10:13 am

I remember at one time someone suggested a classifieds section for this form, but that was obviously counterproductive to sales of ECUplus, but given the current situation, maybe it would help those of us who can't buy one now. :cry:

I've only ever seen two on DSMtuners, but I don't check DSMtrader often.

What do you say Tom?
ejc83

Re: Wanted/Classifieds section

Postby turbotom20g » Fri May 16, 2008 11:03 am

ejc83 wrote:I remember at one time someone suggested a classifieds section for this form, but that was obviously counterproductive to sales of ECUplus, but given the current situation, maybe it would help those of us who can't buy one now. :cry:

I've only ever seen two on DSMtuners, but I don't check DSMtrader often.

What do you say Tom?

yeah i was the one that mention to have a classifieds on here.
93 Hyundai Excel w/4g63t swap
95 Eagle Summit AWD 5 speed
95 Eagle Talon AWD TSI
TurbotomDsmPerformance!
turbotom20g

Postby 4g636 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:57 pm

If I can't get this p0300 code fixed, my ecu+ will be for sale. It is the silver box PnP.

ONLY IF I CAN'T GET IT FIXED!! Other than that Ecu+ is a great product!!!!
I am broke, just like my DSM.
4g636

Return to General Q&A