Discussion Forums

water meth?

General questions and chit-chat about the ECU+.

water meth?

Postby evoman333 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:46 pm

what about water meth control
evoman333

Re: water meth?

Postby tlcoll1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Explain how it would work, what things would be configured, etc.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby evoman333 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:54 am

http://www.aempower.com/images/products ... ection.pdf

this is the simplist way. with/out having a large post....just copy and paste this into your browser.....to be honest i do not like aem but i bought this before i put a bann in my shop on them....
evoman333

Postby evoman333 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 am

i thought it would be a neat thing if you could do a water meth system...progressive pump controller(aem tm) programed for switch level, boost cut out when the tank emptys...i think this would be a good feature to have since alot of evos are running it now. if it was programmed in then all the people would have to buy would be a pump, lines, injector, tank and wiring......but it would all integral...just an idea...thought it would great
evoman333

Postby tlcoll1 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:33 pm

The ECU+ is limited as to what kinds of inputs and outputs it has. I can't tell from what you've posted - what inputs and outputs would be required to do what you're looking for?

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby honki24 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:59 am

Can the ECU+ give out a pulsewidth modified 12V signal? I have an electric 12V solenoid that is basically run by a pressure switch right now. Any time my boost goes over 11psi I inject water/meth. This isn't the optimal way to do it. I'd rather have it increase flow linearly (maybe even exponentially) with boost. If I could get pulsewidth control over that solenoid I could do it. I'd relate boost pressure to the solenoid pulsewidth.

For my system The ECU+ would need to do no more than that. It would need to have a cross reference table where it correlates boost pressure to a pulsewidth (ranging from 0-100% where 100% is completely open, constant +12V (or ground, I suppose))

My solenoid I think pulls up to 5 amps sometimes. The only way I know that is because I blew my 5A fuse last race, which was the first time ever... :?:

My pump is always energized and keeps the system up to the solenoid pressurized. I have an accumulator inline to keep the motor duty down.
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Postby tlcoll1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 pm

The ECU+'s solenoid outputs only sink, not source, current. The way that works is just like with the boost solenoid - one side of the solenoid has +12v on it, and the ECU+ energizes the solenoid by grounding the other side. With that said, I don't think the circuit could sink 5 amps, and even if it could, that current would eventually have to be carried back to the vehicle through the ECU+'s ground wire, and that would probably cause other problems.

If you can come up with a scheme whereby the ECU+ didn't have to sink that kind of current, I could probably work up something.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Return to General Q&A