Discussion Forums

connection problems with vista

Car-specific questions and tuning advice for the 1995-1999 Turbo Talon and Eclipse cars.

connection problems with vista

Postby jampwr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:54 pm

I recently purchased an ecu+ late march. I finally got the chance to install it on my car this week. my car ran fine with no problems after installation. The only thing is that Im having problems connecting to the head unit to my laptop. I bought the keyspan us-19hs to hook up with. Com3 and 4 work, but all I get is a window saying its connecting. I sit wait and wait and never get a connection. Im running windows vista on my laptop. Is vista causing my problem? If so, has anyone found a solution?
jampwr

Postby ilikespeeding » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:59 pm

Im using vista and it works fine.
ilikespeeding

Postby Action_B » Thu May 01, 2008 4:16 am

I am also a Vista user. I have experienced no issue with the operating systems connectivity.

Keyspan may have a newer software version on their website. I know when I bought my keyspan adapter, it didn't have a vista program, I had to download it online.
- Brandon
Action_B

Postby jampwr » Fri May 02, 2008 1:45 am

I had to download the software from their site aswell. I had problems downloading it to my laptop. It took me several times to get it on, and now Im having problems connecting to the ecu +. Matbe Ill try and download the software again.
jampwr

Postby tlcoll1 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:37 pm

jampwr wrote:I had to download the software from their site aswell. I had problems downloading it to my laptop. It took me several times to get it on, and now Im having problems connecting to the ecu +. Matbe Ill try and download the software again.

Their drivers should work. Also, don't forget about the SerTestW program (documented in the manual) for checking out the connections.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby jampwr » Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 am

Ok. I went into to the serial port assistant for the adapter, and it is shows that it is configured to serial port com 20. I can't find a way to change to adapters configuration to a different com port. There is no com 20 configuration port on the ecu + program. Could this me my problem? Or am I missing something?
jampwr

Postby tlcoll1 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm pretty sure there's an override setting for the serial port, either in the Keyspan configuration program or the Windows Device Manager. See what you can find.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby jampwr » Mon May 05, 2008 3:26 pm

So, I havent had any sleep and I work tonight. The good news is(your right) I did find a way to assign the adapter a new com port thru the keyspan assistant manager. Everything works fine and I can now hook up to the ecu plus. I guess I just had to play with it a lilttle longer(not very computer savy :shock: )to figure it out. Thanks......... :D
jampwr

Postby tlcoll1 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:37 pm

Glad to hear it. It's nice to be right once in a while!

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Return to 2G DSM Specific