Discussion Forums

Logging MUT data that's not listed in ECU+

Car-specific questions and tuning advice for the Lancer Evolutions. EVO 8 and 9 mostly, but earlier models welcome.

Logging MUT data that's not listed in ECU+

Postby rogersmith » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:46 pm

I realized today it's possible to log MUT data that isn't listed in ECU+ with some tweaking with ECUFlash.

If you want to log stuff like Desired load, load error, and JDM MAP values.

You just need to change the address that you have for MUT00 or MUT01 in ECUFlash to whatever you want to log, like load error, and now what you have listed in EVO 2 byte load 0 will be load error instead.

Also if you decide to log JDM MAP you'll have to apply the conversion function that that column in your log.

I might be the only user interested in this stuff but just thought I'd share just in case.
rogersmith

Postby honki24 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:05 pm

cool, thanks.

I try to stay away from all that complicated ecu based boost control if I can.
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Postby burgers22 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:04 pm

I'm using ECU based boost control with a GM 3 port, it's much much easier than the stock system, well worth the bother, you can hold much more boost than an MBC up top. If you have an AVCR though, that is just as good.

MB
3" TBE, decat, Walbro 255, ECU+, K&N drop in.
burgers22

Postby honki24 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:13 am

no doubt its a great option and better value than the AVC-R. I can barely keep my AFR consistant though since temp swings so much... I don't really want to add in fluctuating boost to the mix. I'm thinking of doing a hybrid MBC/BCS mix. I'm thinking about using the BCS by keeping it full open until 5500RPM and then making it full closed beyond 5500RPM. (All while keeping the MBC to make the boost curve) I think that will stop my taper up top since I believe the taper is coming from the fact that the MBC bleed orifice is fixed. The orifice really needs to enlarge at around 5500 to allow for the fact that the exhaust gasses are pushing against the WG flap and overcomming the WGA spring pressure, causing lower boost. I think this shouldn't be too complicated.

Do you happen to know if at 100% WGDC either the OE BCS or the GM BCS close ENTIRELY?
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Return to EVO Specific