Discussion Forums

Stock Evo 8, Would like a base tune log (BLK Box) please.

Car-specific questions and tuning advice for the Lancer Evolutions. EVO 8 and 9 mostly, but earlier models welcome.

Stock Evo 8, Would like a base tune log (BLK Box) please.

Postby pimpngear » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:07 pm

Hello All,

I'm new here to the ECU+ world and I’d like to get a head-start from anyone who might be willing to help. I have the BLACK BOX (free to me) edition and I was wondering if anyone can send me a log of a stock, basic tune to that I can start with.

-03 Evo 8, Very close to stock
Full 3" Exhaust
PLX Wideband O2
MBC (set to I'm guessing 15psi)

I want to wire in my 3.5 BAR MAP sensor, but I’d like to get a good base tune (Timing, Air & Fuel) to start with. This is Dan’s (owner of MachV’s) old car so I figured I should treat her right and start off on the right foot. Thanks for any help or advice you can give, and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

-Rob
-Rob
pimpngear

Postby rogersmith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Let me double-check. Are you asking for a log from a stock evo or for a map set of a stock evo?

You should start by setting all the maps to 0 and tune from there. Running stock with an exhaust will hardly hurt the car.
rogersmith

Postby tlcoll1 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Yea, start with zero's everywhere and tune from there. Using the ECU+'s AFR datalogging and the PLX, tune for around 11.0:1 from around 4k RPM and up in WOT.

Dan's car rules. White EVO8's are the best looking.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby honki24 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:02 pm

;) I disagree... my red one recovered from its wreck faster than his white one. Too bad he doesn't make it out to NASA events with it any more. Do the car justice and track it. www.nasaracing.net
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Postby tlcoll1 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Maybe red is just a better crash color than white! Red - brassy, mush me up. White - delicate, gentle, drive me like a virgin. I think that explains it. Yea, that's it.

BTW, my car is blue, and I still think white is the best looking. Blue is about 4-5th down on my list. Weird, eh?

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby pimpngear » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:38 pm

tlcoll1 wrote:Yea, start with zero's everywhere and tune from there. Using the ECU+'s AFR datalogging and the PLX, tune for around 11.0:1 from around 4k RPM and up in WOT.
Tom

Thanks for the fast responses guys. 11.0:1, everything zero'd out for starters.....got it.

I do plan on tracking the car as soon as possible, but I was first hoping to get to an HPDE and get some experience under my belt. I joined NASA last season, but never took advantage of taking the beemer (330, nothing M fancy) to the course. So, I'd like to put the membership to good use, but it seems the next opportunity won't be until Hyperfest.

Hopefully, I won't let the car repeat her previous fate; although the paint on the passenger side is looking a little tired.......might be time for some road-course "body tuning".

-Rob
-Rob
pimpngear

Postby honki24 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:36 am

Yeah, HPDE, that's what I meant. I'll prolly be working grid for Hyperfest, so if you do make it don't forget to get at me. If you don't I'll probably harass you on grid if you're driving. ;)
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Return to EVO Specific