Discussion Forums

Mapsensor issues and a few other ????

Car-specific questions and tuning advice for the Lancer Evolutions. EVO 8 and 9 mostly, but earlier models welcome.

Mapsensor issues and a few other ????

Postby Omegared » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:04 pm

First off I am typing all of this crap for the second time. My first time around the board decided to log me out :evil:

Anyway I am having issues with my gm3bar. I have it installed as per Tom's instructions. My 5v source is the grey wire on the TPS. I have it enabled but it does nothing while logging. It just stays at 28psi. I also would like to add that I unplugged the mapsensor and the ecu+ would read in vac some where arond 14.7 or so. After I plug it back in , it goes back to 28psi.

I recently as of last week downloaded the software of this website for my PNP silver box ecu+. I wanted to know why I am still getting a rear o2 sensor code. I have it disconnected and I am currently running my wideband in my testpipe but in the instructions it says that on the pnp unit it is already wired to I can remove it ?

I am also still getting the p0300 misfire code. I thought that was also fixed. Tom if you need to email me a update pleae do so here Remdawgz@aol.com.

Other than that, any help you guys can give would be helpful. I really would like to log boost as I have always done with all my cars.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

attached us a log of the mapsensor doing nothing
Attachments
fucked up gm3bar.ecd
(256.78 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
Omegared

Re: Mapsensor issues and a few other ????

Postby tlcoll1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:34 am

Omegared wrote:First off I am typing all of this crap for the second time. My first time around the board decided to log me out :evil:

I'm not running the very latest forum software, but it doesn't look like that's "fixed" in any of the newer releases. Did you hit the "NEWTOPIC" button at the top to create your post? I'd like to see if I can reproduce this.

Anyway I am having issues with my gm3bar. I have it installed as per Tom's instructions. My 5v source is the grey wire on the TPS. I have it enabled but it does nothing while logging. It just stays at 28psi. I also would like to add that I unplugged the mapsensor and the ecu+ would read in vac some where arond 14.7 or so. After I plug it back in , it goes back to 28psi.

28 PSI is +5v from the GM MAP sensor. It almost sounds like you're missing a ground on the sensor. Can you use a multimeter to verify the connection as being 0 ohms from the ground at the MAP sensor to the vehicle ground?

I recently as of last week downloaded the software of this website for my PNP silver box ecu+. I wanted to know why I am still getting a rear o2 sensor code. I have it disconnected and I am currently running my wideband in my testpipe but in the instructions it says that on the pnp unit it is already wired to I can remove it ?

Can you rephrase this? I don't quite understand.

I am also still getting the p0300 misfire code. I thought that was also fixed. Tom if you need to email me a update pleae do so here Remdawgz@aol.com.

P0300 is tough to fix - some cars seem to get it no matter what. With the latest firmware, I don't get it on my 2005 EVO, so I need someone to work with on the problem. I have some beta code that I was testing with another EVO here on the forums, but he's been too busy of late to work with me. Almost always, aftermarket cams are the problem. I have 264/264s on my car.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby Omegared » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:34 pm

tlcoll1 wrote:
Omegared wrote:First off I am typing all of this crap for the second time. My first time around the board decided to log me out :evil:

I'm not running the very latest forum software, but it doesn't look like that's "fixed" in any of the newer releases. Did you hit the "NEWTOPIC" button at the top to create your post? I'd like to see if I can reproduce this.

28 PSI is +5v from the GM MAP sensor. It almost sounds like you're missing a ground on the sensor. Can you use a multimeter to verify the connection as being 0 ohms from the ground at the MAP sensor to the vehicle ground?

Can you rephrase this? I don't quite understand.

P0300 is tough to fix - some cars seem to get it no matter what. With the latest firmware, I don't get it on my 2005 EVO, so I need someone to work with on the problem. I have some beta code that I was testing with another EVO here on the forums, but he's been too busy of late to work with me. Almost always, aftermarket cams are the problem. I have 264/264s on my car.

Tom

Gm3bar- I have it grounded using the ground wire off the ecu+ unit. Its the same ground wire I am using for my plx wideband so I didnt think that would be an issue but I will change it this evening to the ground wire on the TPS. Guess its worth a shot.

Rear o2 sensor- I was under the impression that it came wired already for me to disable it (unplugging it) with the pnp harness but after re-reading the instructions, it looks like I still have to jump some wires. So scratch that.

p0300 code - Yes I still get this every so often. But if your fix didnt work in the lastest software update I guess its just something I am going to have to deal with for a while. :cry:

Thanks for the reply. I will keep you posted about the map sensor this evening. That is what is most important for me to fix at this point.
Omegared

Postby Omegared » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:39 pm

Changed the ground and now she logs like a champ. Thanks Tom.
Attachments
fucking around checking boost.ecd
(202.18 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Omegared

Postby tlcoll1 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:05 pm

Good deal. One thing I've found is that using the Custom MAP sensor option in the ECU+ software works best for eliminating the "car is off and I don't have zero boost" problem endemic to MAP sensors. Basically, just copy the volts-to-PSI values for the GM 3-bar into the custom MAP sensor boxes, and then use the "Zero Boost" button to zero out the car-is-off value.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby Omegared » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:31 pm

tlcoll1 wrote:Good deal. One thing I've found is that using the Custom MAP sensor option in the ECU+ software works best for eliminating the "car is off and I don't have zero boost" problem endemic to MAP sensors. Basically, just copy the volts-to-PSI values for the GM 3-bar into the custom MAP sensor boxes, and then use the "Zero Boost" button to zero out the car-is-off value.

Tom

Thanks Tom I will certainly try it out this weekend.

Are you still working on upgrading ecu+ at all or are you just done with it ? I personally think its a great product just the way it is.

-Remy
Omegared

Postby tlcoll1 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Still working on it, just not as much of late. The phrase "daddy will you play with me?" seems to take up a lot of my time! :)

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby Omegared » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:40 pm

tlcoll1 wrote:Still working on it, just not as much of late. The phrase "daddy will you play with me?" seems to take up a lot of my time! :)

Tom

LOL.. Take your time, I'm in the same boat with my 6 year old. Nothing like being a dad though.

Happy holidays Tom.

-Remy
Omegared

Postby honki24 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:49 am

Omegared wrote:
p0300 code - Yes I still get this every so often. But if your fix didnt work in the lastest software update I guess its just something I am going to have to deal with for a while. :cry:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=807
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Postby da1sexmonk83 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:09 pm

Tom what 264/264 cams were/are you using?
da1sexmonk83

Postby tlcoll1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:53 pm

The EVO VIII HKS 264/264 cams. These were some of the earliest cams for the EVO - there are better ones out now.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Return to EVO Specific