Discussion Forums

Small glitch

Car-specific questions and tuning advice for the Lancer Evolutions. EVO 8 and 9 mostly, but earlier models welcome.

Small glitch

Postby evovette » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:46 am

When I try to start a log I get Error SM5936.xml failed to open. Also when I try to log knock sum I set up the ECUplus windows settings to log it, close out the window and run a log. Once I close it out it changes itself to my custom log for JDMBoost so in my engine monitor screen I get 2 JDMboost logs instead of 1 and a log of knocksum.
evovette

Re: Small glitch

Postby tlcoll1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 am

evovette wrote:When I try to start a log I get Error SM5936.xml failed to open.

Is this a new problem with the new software?

In general, the ECU+ software looks in your configured "ROM metadata path" directory for all XML files. Check to see if you have a file by that name in that directory. Also, make sure some other program doesn't have that file open.

Also when I try to log knock sum I set up the ECUplus windows settings to log it, close out the window and run a log. Once I close it out it changes itself to my custom log for JDMBoost so in my engine monitor screen I get 2 JDMboost logs instead of 1 and a log of knocksum.

Can you post some screenshots?

Settings->ECU+ Win->MUT-II Logging
Settings->ECU+ Head Unit->MUT-II Logging
The Engine Monitor pane for a log

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Re: Small glitch

Postby tlcoll1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 pm

evovette - I want to get your problems fixed, so I need some feedback.

BTW, I did play around with your second problem, and the only thing that I found that was "funny" is that if you define a custom MUT-II command for knock sum with the same ID as the normal knock sum, the software will log the custom one always. You know, knock sum is already predefined so you don't need to make a custom MUT-II thing for it.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Return to EVO Specific