Discussion Forums

Over boost

Car-specific questions and tuning advice for the Lancer Evolutions. EVO 8 and 9 mostly, but earlier models welcome.

Over boost

Postby Omegared » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:53 am

Tonight i finally had the time to do some testing on the ecu controlled boost. Well it didnt go to well. Car just over boost no matter what I do. Without touching anything, the car runs at 20psi or so off the preloaded wastegate. As soon as I started making changes the car would just over boost. Now after looking at my logs and looking at Honk's logs I am thinking that there is something wrong. His gear is noted on his Engine monitor screen and mine is not. I don't know. Its almost 2am and I have to get some sleep. I will go back at this tomorrow or Thursday.
Attachments
over boost noww.ecd
(460.26 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
Omegared

Re: Over boost

Postby honki24 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:52 am

Yeah you have to re-setup the gear page. Look around in the options there's a whole new gear logging page. Make sure it's set correctly. I just used the Evo 8 standard values.

I'm sure boost control doesn't work if the ECU+ doesn't know what gear you're in.

Tom - perhpaps that's a good failsafe to put in? Perhaps if ECU+ is reading boost for X milliseconds and Gear < 1 for Y milliseconds then WGDC = 0%

Something like that.
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Postby Omegared » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:56 am

Funny thing is, I did set it up using the default evo 8 gear set up. For some reason it didnt appear on the engine monitor screen. I am going to reload the whole program and see if that helps.
Omegared

Postby tlcoll1 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Gear isn't logged by default - you have to create a custom logging thingie to log it. The current value of the gear is shown in the status line, though. If you haven't set up the gears, the 1st gear column is used all the time.

Sleep? What the hell is that?

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Return to EVO Specific