Discussion Forums

AEM EMS back to Ecuplus...

Car-specific questions and tuning advice for the Lancer Evolutions. EVO 8 and 9 mostly, but earlier models welcome.

Re: AEM EMS back to Ecuplus...

Postby honki24 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:11 pm

ECU+ is intuitive and no-nonsense.

-I like all the graphs to be in their own windows, not the overall view. I want to spend as little time as possible interpreting scaling. At a quick glance (while driving even) I can know what's going on with the car just as well as if the display were gauges. Very intuitive.
-The little default readout view is great. I don't know what to call it, the little box that has basically every number you're currently logging. Gives a very good "big picture" when tuning.
-It doesn't change. Evoscan has changed several times in form and function and while that's great for evoscan fanatics, for someone like me who uses it rarely it's more to learn. I've got less and less time these days for my car (unfortunately) so I need to be efficient. No time to learn new layouts.
-I can control my outputs and boost and such from the same program. I don't need to use ECUFlash in conjunction with EvoScan to do the simple things like change boost. I just pull up the window in ECU+ and hit "apply".

There's more but I'm out of lunch time!
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8
honki24

Previous

Return to EVO Specific