Discussion Forums

New features in the upcoming ECU+ firmware/software v2.10

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.

So what's the verdict?

Rules!
100%
Pretty good
No votes
Ok, I guess
No votes
Is that ALL?
No votes
I'm switching back to my Super AFC
No votes

Total votes : 17

Postby Samnumba1 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:41 pm

is the end of may release still a go?
Samnumba1

Postby tlcoll1 » Tue May 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Definitely won't be released then, but I expect to have everything ready and running in at least my car by then.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby burgers22 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:16 pm

Can you get a saint hood, or knighted for after sales support? Thanks for the great product.

MB
3" TBE, decat, Walbro 255, ECU+, K&N drop in.
burgers22

Postby vickyx » Thu May 24, 2007 4:02 am

I will be getting an ECU+ unit for an evo 9 in about 2 weeks. However I am also getting a GM MAF 3.5" (the 3" was not in stock). Is it possible that you make the release of the new software by then ? Should I contact you when I get all the parts in here maybe you can give me the beta version to use until the final release is made public.

Good job on the features list to be included in the upcoming release.
vickyx

Postby tlcoll1 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:39 pm

Yea, I have a firmware version which is just like normal, but includes the GM 3.5" scaling. I can actually install that before shipping if you let me know when you order.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby vickyx » Fri May 25, 2007 2:11 am

I have already ordered .. The ECU+ is supposed to ship to California on Tuesday, and from there it will go all way down to Romania which is another 10 days or so.

I'll let you know when I receive it :)

Can't wait to get my fingers on the box :D
vickyx

Postby malibujack » Fri May 25, 2007 8:48 am

Two questions, did you get a chance to rewrite the firmware reflash tool to work properly with USB Com ports and ports over 4? Thats a big deal since I don't think I have a machine with a standard com port anymore.

Also, did you add any sort of boost control yet? Or will I have to put the AVC-R back into the car?

I've been in the background for awhile, but wanted to let you know my plan was to get the unit back into the car.
malibujack

Postby tlcoll1 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:48 pm

vickyx wrote:I have already ordered .. The ECU+ is supposed to ship to California on Tuesday, and from there it will go all way down to Romania which is another 10 days or so.

Romania! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania) Now we're talking *International* orders!

I'll watch for the purchase order from Mach V (haven't seen it yet, so I'm thinking it won't be on its way to California on Tuesday...) and install the modified firmware before I ship.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby tlcoll1 » Fri May 25, 2007 11:51 pm

malibujack wrote:Two questions, did you get a chance to rewrite the firmware reflash tool to work properly with USB Com ports and ports over 4? Thats a big deal since I don't think I have a machine with a standard com port anymore.

Also, did you add any sort of boost control yet? Or will I have to put the AVC-R back into the car?

I've been in the background for awhile, but wanted to let you know my plan was to get the unit back into the car.

Jack -

The firmware flash tool has always worked on higher ports, as far as I know. Maybe one of us is out of sync on that issue.

Boost control was too big of a feature to put into this release. People are wanting to get ahold of the other stuff I've done without waiting for boost control.

Sounds good. Definitely do some beta testing when the new firmware becomes available.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby vickyx » Sat May 26, 2007 6:10 am

tlcoll1 wrote:
vickyx wrote:I have already ordered .. The ECU+ is supposed to ship to California on Tuesday, and from there it will go all way down to Romania which is another 10 days or so.

Romania! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania) Now we're talking *International* orders!

I'll watch for the purchase order from Mach V (haven't seen it yet, so I'm thinking it won't be on its way to California on Tuesday...) and install the modified firmware before I ship.

Tom

I sent you a PM with the order details :) and yeah Romania is pretty much *international* :D
vickyx

Postby Raph » Sat May 26, 2007 2:30 pm

so i havent read the whole thread.. but are you saying i can use a usb to seriel adapter for my ecu+? im using a crappy t21 for my ecuplus because of the serial port..i have a nice super fancy dandy HP laptop..so i could use that with an adapter without issues? please clarify so i dont waste $$ on a silly adapter .

has anyone tried this??

nice to see more euro dsmers popping up :D
- Ralph
2g gs (4g63 ftw!) turned GS->T
best mods: ecu+,272s,BullseyeTurbo,Fidanza,3" exhaust.

3"DP.ACT2100,GM-MAF,Aeromotive FPR,Zeitronix ZT-2,Outlander turbo Big Brakes
Short Route FMIC (Dejon style)
Koni susp.
Raph

Postby tlcoll1 » Sat May 26, 2007 9:17 pm

Yes, you can use a USB-to-serial adapter. This has always been true.

Most USB-to-serial adapters are crap, though. Get this one: http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/usa ... epage.spml and save yourself the hassle. It works.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby Raph » Sun May 27, 2007 5:12 am

rats! :evil:

this happened when i ordered it

If your shipping information differs from your bill to information, your order may be delayed for verification. Due to shipper restrictions, we cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO, U.S. Territories or international addresses. Shipping FAQs

im gonna look on ebay and see if they have em..ill report back later -

if not, can someone on here order it for me and ill paypal you?? pretty please?? :D
- Ralph

Koni susp.
Raph

Postby Raph » Sun May 27, 2007 5:38 am

Raph wrote:rats! :evil:

this happened when i ordered it

If your shipping information differs from your bill to information, your order may be delayed for verification. Due to shipper restrictions, we cannot deliver to P.O. Boxes, APO/FPO, U.S. Territories or international addresses. Shipping FAQs

im gonna look on ebay and see if they have em..ill report back later -

if not, can someone on here order it for me and ill paypal you?? pretty please?? :D

EDIT: just got one on ebay !
- Ralph

Koni susp.
Raph

Postby 95talonTSI » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:33 pm

so how is this coming along, have not heard anything on it in a week or so
95talonTSI

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Bug Reports