New features in the upcoming ECU+ firmware/software v2.15

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Re: New features in the upcoming ECU+ firmware/software v2.15

Post by tlcoll1 »

Omegared wrote:Yes sir. Whenever I get a new mod, I am like a kid in a candy store. I always install and test the same or next day.

Anyone get a part number for the GM boost selonoid?
Page 26 of the ECU+ user's manual.

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

tlcoll1 wrote:
Omegared wrote:Yes sir. Whenever I get a new mod, I am like a kid in a candy store. I always install and test the same or next day.

Anyone get a part number for the GM boost selonoid?
Page 26 of the ECU+ user's manual.

Tom
just downloaded and read the manual last night. I saw that you had the part numbers. You beat me to this thread.
Advoacate of the Theocratic Reign.
http://www.FlatlineMotorsports.net
03 Evo 8

Omegared

Post by Omegared »

Just downloaded , printed and velobinded the manuel. Will read it on the way home from work, then reinstall the software to the car. Good times. I am also going to order all the GM stuff this afternoon. Should be a interesting week next week :D

SHFTIXK

Post by SHFTIXK »

Tom, you are the man! I can't wait to go home and try out the new software. :D
1990 GSX

swedeGSX

Post by swedeGSX »

This is VERY cool. I'm glad to see that you are still working with ECU+ this much. I'm most excited of MUT logging for 95-96. And I have orderd a GM boost control solenoid. That also is very cool that you got working. With this new release ECU+ really is the best engine managment out there for DSMs. I will try to wait for the "real" release. Anyway I just want to say thanks and keep up the good work. We love you man!!!
/Martin
//Martin
-95 GSX, Evo 3 16G, 650cc injectors, custom FMIC, Zeitronix wide band O2 and EGT and of course ECU+!!!

tlcoll1
Site Admin

Post by tlcoll1 »

Martin - you should give the betas a try. I'm only planning on one more (which just has two tweaks to the boost control), and if there are no issues with that one, it just gets renamed to remove the "beta" designator. The beta's are "release quality" and updating your firmware and software is now extremely simple, so there's no need to wait for a final release.

One thing that's hilarious to me is that when I first came out with the ECU+, some folks complained that because the ECU+ wasn't from a established manufacturer, they might end up with an unsupported project. Well, here I am still improving the ECU+ and making zero money at it, while Turbo XS, Vishnu and others have abandoned *their* product.

Tom

honki24

Post by honki24 »

No doubt about it, the few of us certainly made the right choice. We're not kidding when we tell you that you're the man. By the way, tell your wife that we truly thank her as well. I know that must be difficult. I get a hard time when I want to go out and update my firmware, much less sit down for hours and write code!
03 Evo 8

Omegared

Post by Omegared »

We appreciate you hard word and dedication Tom.

Rantes87

Post by Rantes87 »

its too bad the ecu+ isnt as well known as it should be. theres a shop near me that deals primarly with dsms and evos and i was talking to the owner, he did't even know what the ecu+ was and told me to sell it and get dsm link. he wouldn't even give it a chance. :x said he only deals with link, aem ems and sometimes an safc. the ecu+ is definetly a more powerful tool than safc and should be good competition for link without the need for an e-prom. people are just too quick to judge something that isnt "name brand". anyways thanks for a great product tom. im so glad i got mine about a week before you stopped selling them. :D

Omegared

Post by Omegared »

I am more shocked that more evo people didnt buy it honestly. I was on my way to buying aem ems but decided to give ecu+ a try since it was a lot cheaper than aem ems. I am glad I did. You can not beat the tech support from the person who actually made ecu+. The directions and instructions are spot on for everything as well.

Great all around product. If it was still in production, I would be the #1 advertiser for it.

honki24

Post by honki24 »

Agreed, I'd advertise as well. If it could log to an SD card it would be perfect! lol -wink wink. :wink:

I use ECUFlash to do my fuel and ignition tuning as I feel that changing the car's maps is a better method than "tricking" the car, but heck, the ECU+ makes that even easier as well! I had ECUFlash table map tracing before Evoscan users do. Not to mention I get lots of extra-ecu functionality from having a separate box that does all the processing and logging. I know I'm only using some fraction of it's potential too. Tom is one step ahead. We got gear based boost control 2 weeks before EcuFlash users did, plus we have very simplified UI. Everytime I tune someone's car I sing the praises of the ECU+. Honestly it's a crutch and it makes it hard for me to go in and tune with something like evoscan any more. :mrgreen:
03 Evo 8

Action_B

Post by Action_B »

Tom, I don't know what to say. This is the best purchase I have made for my DSM. I see you got MUTII working for the 2ga cars. This is going to be a good holiday season I can tell.
- Brandon

Trejo'sGSX

Post by Trejo'sGSX »

I'm so excited! :lol:

Return to “Feature Requests and Bug Reports”