Discussion Forums

New features in the upcoming ECU+ firmware/software v2.16

Want the ECU+ to make you breakfast in the morning? Did the software light your basement on fire? Chime in here.

New features in the upcoming ECU+ firmware/software v2.16

Postby tlcoll1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:44 pm

I have a minor update to the ECU+ firmware and software, v2.16. Here's what's new:

1. Improved cam/crank signal replication during shifts. May fix “shift knock” when shifting.

2. Improved wideband-to-narrowband conversion algorithm to avoid “slow O2 sensor” check-engine codes.

3. Fixed anti-stall configuration dialog, which wasn't configuring the firmware correctly.

4. Files displayed via the Add Overlay menu option no longer added to the recent files list on the File menu.

5. Implemented a recent overlay files list on the right-click (context) menu. This speeds up the common case of overlaying a recently-added file. Now support up to 10 overlays. http://www.ecuplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=948

6. A variety of other overlay-related improvements.

7. Extended the Drag Race Analysis. Now displays selectable distance, speed or acceleration with configurable smoothing. http://www.ecuplus.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=949

8. Improved tooltip display for graphs.

9. Made graph smoothing much better for coarse values. Previously, things like ignition timing (which has a 1 degree resolution) was only smoothable down to the whole number. Now, these types of values smooth to a fractional value. Much better.

10. Added additional type of Auto-file naming. Now names can include a one-up count, for generating filenames like Run1.ecd, Run2.ecd, etc.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Re: New features in the upcoming ECU+ firmware/software v2.1

Postby burgers22 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi Tom

Many thanks for the continued support on the ECU+, for me it's still a great device to have with loads of good features and fantastic logging.

BR, Marcel
3" TBE, decat, Walbro 255, ECU+, K&N drop in.
burgers22

Postby da1sexmonk83 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Me too, I really appreciate it. Using ECU+ is a daily thing for me as I am GM Maf and temp sensor swapped on my EVo.

Thank you!
da1sexmonk83

Postby tlcoll1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Sounds good. I continue to work on it, but mostly things that interest me only. I don't expect there'll be another release. It should also be interesting to see if the software works on Windows 8.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby malibujack » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:55 am

Would you ever consider Open sourcing the software/firmware to allow the community to help you continue to support it?

I would be interested in the data stream protocol. I still use my ECU+ but in this day and age, I would like to use a tablet to tune my car. Or have a standalone data logger
Attachments
1352044163030.jpg
1352044163030.jpg (136.7 KiB) Viewed 52505 times
malibujack

Postby tlcoll1 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 pm

I don't know if I'd want to open-source the software, but I can provide you information about the data stream. If you get to the point where you want to do the work, let me know.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby malibujack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 am

Very cool. I have a bit more work to do before I will want to try to decode and capture the stream. But I definitely want to be able to view the data in realtime at the very least, I would also like to store compatible files that can be opened in the ecu+ software. Possibly be able to put together some tuning functionality.
malibujack

Postby tlcoll1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Ok, but be warned that it'll be a big job to save off ECU+ Win-compatible files. There's a lot of complexity buried in those, and you'll need to understand an awful lot of things to successfully create one.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby malibujack » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 am

I am finally far enough along.. Turns out the hardware I am using is quite similar to the ECUPlus if you want to share any info (privately or otherwise) I don't have the DSP tools, but I have been working with CPLD's, FPG's, AVR and PIC MCU's

My reference design relies on an SRAM in parallel as a circular buffer prior to storage, and will write cap files to SDCard via SPI interface, but will trap and decode specific data for monitoring, which is via SPI. If there is a specific bit mask / offset / packet, then I can grab the data virtuall instantaneously.

I would really hate to see such fantastic hardware disappear into oblivion for our earlier generation cars. I am available to develop/extend/enhance the firmware, software, etc...

It would be cool to port the PC app to Java, at the very least use Processing scripts to make it platform independant
malibujack

Postby tlcoll1 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 am

The ECU+ uses a TI TMS320LF2406A DSP/controller chip inside for its main job, and separate ATMEL ATTINY2313 for talking to the OBD-II port. The latter's code is low-level, bit-banging C code, while the former is a massive hunk of assembly code. I'm willing to do some work for additional features, but with the ECU+'s declining (or at least quiet) user base, I'm not expecting a lot of new feature requests.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby malibujack » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Unfortunately I totally understand your point.
malibujack

Postby ArcaineGST » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 pm

tlcoll1 wrote:Sounds good. I continue to work on it, but mostly things that interest me only. I don't expect there'll be another release. It should also be interesting to see if the software works on Windows 8.

Tom

This is actually the reason I came here to see if compatibility for anything newer than XP has been added. Sorry I've been away. Took a break from mods and tuning after finding settings I liked. Any news on Win8.1 compatibility Tom? If not Win 8 pro comes with HyperV that would allow us to run XP as a virtual. So maybe that would be our next option?

Thanks!
Jim
ArcaineGST

Postby tlcoll1 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:29 pm

The software runs without change on Windows 7, which is what I have, and I'd be really surprised if it didn't work on Windows 8. Try it, and tell me. If there's something simple to fix, I can try to fix it.

Tom
tlcoll1
Site Admin

Postby ArcaineGST » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:16 pm

tlcoll1 wrote:The software runs without change on Windows 7, which is what I have, and I'd be really surprised if it didn't work on Windows 8. Try it, and tell me. If there's something simple to fix, I can try to fix it.

Tom

Ohh ok. Then it'll work fine. I haven't found anything that hasn't run on Win8, even when upgrading to just the enterprise before it's official release. Thanks Tom
Jim
ArcaineGST

Return to Feature Requests and Bug Reports